Unlike in the past when the Company Registration process was time consuming and costly, nowadays, it is very easy and fast to register a company in Kenya. Below are the steps one can take to have their Business or Company registered within a short time.
- The Registrar of Companies
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)
- E-Citizen Platform
Process of Registering a Company in Kenya
Business/Company Ideas (Name)
The first step is usually coming up with a Company or Business Idea. Once you decide on the nature of your venture, you come up with a number of possible unique names.
Name search of carried out online via the E-citizen platform. Nowadays it is very easy for individuals to do name search via the platform. All you need is an account. Once the name is accepted (submission approval), you will be able to reserve it for a period of 30 days.
- E-Citizen name search process
- Log in to E-citizen
- Click on Business Registration Service
- Click on Make Application
- Select/Click on Business registration on the new page
- Select the type of Business (Private Limited Company)
- Enter your Preferred Name
Once you name Submission is approved, the next step will be to register your Company (This is also done on E-Citizen). This should be done within 30 days from the date of Name Approval. At this point you need to submit a number of documents (For all shareholders/Directors) which include;
- Full names of the Company owner(s)
- Intended location of the company
- National Identity Card
- Postal address and Physical address of residence
- Two Recent Passport Photos
- KRA Pin Certificate
- Nature of Business
Once the company registration process is complete and successful, your certificate of incorporation will be available for download on E-Citizen.
Company Registration Costs
Name search – Kshs 150
Company registration – Kshs 10,650
Partnership and Sole proprietorship – Kshs 1,000
To Run your Company with legally and with ease, the following will be required of you;
Some of these documents are required during registration process.
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Business Premises License
- KRA Personal Identity Number
- Company Seal
- Registered Company address
- Payment for Stamp Duty
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- CR1, CR2 AND CR8 Company Documents
- Statement of Nominal Capital
We understand that your time is valuable. That is why we have a team dedicated to assist you in a timely and cost friendly Company Registration. Contact us for a Quote.